I have had the question put to me several times in the last few years as I have walked through my journey of returning to school… “Why?” Followed by.. “I could never go back to school; it was too hard the first time.” or “Good for you!” etc.
It has been a journey and I have enjoyed 99.9% of it. It is challenging and it does make my brain hurt but growth is uncomfortable or so I have always been told. It certainly seems to be my experience. I have 2 semesters left and I will be walking across the stage once more for my Bachelor’s degree. I received my Associates last year and it was a thrill. I have been inducted into the Beta Gamma Sigma business honor society, Phi Theta Kappa and The Honors Society. Hard work has been worth all of it and my goal is to graduate Summa Cum Laude. So we shall see what happens between now and then. I am excited and honored to be a student at University of Texas @ Tyler and I can’t wait to see what life has waiting for me on the other side. But in the meantime.. I am enjoying my journey. And I am blessed beyond words to have those who have supported me through this walk and saw me through when I had doubt… and there have been times when I wanted to quit! Thank you!! I love you beyond measure!! ❤
I found this wonderful poem over at my wonderful bloggy friend Michelle Terry aka MammMickTerry She ROCKS!! 😘
by Mary Oliver
One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
their bad advice –
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
“Mend my life!”
each voice cried.
But you didn’t stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do –
determined to save
the only life you could save.
Photo: ID: MTZ5252, Markita Szymanski
I am so excited to have been nominated for my very first Blog award by bloggedartistry “One Man’s Attempt at Appeasing His Muse”. Please pop on over to his blog to have a peek at his creative mind and a laugh or two 🙂
Thank you so much for thinking about me and helping to get a little more exposure!! I appreciate it so much!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and also get other bloggers to link to their website. All of that is good for me, but I also saw this as an opportunity for me to share with all of you a little more about me…so here we go!
* Display the award on your blog.
* Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger(s) who awarded you.
* Present 11 deserving bloggers with the award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
* Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
* Answer 11 Questions about you.
The Eleven wonderful bloggers who have been so supportive and kind and have helped me get my blog more exposure. The nominees are:
1. A Mixed Bag My wonderful friend Al…thank you so much for all your help and support 🙂
2. You’ve Been Hooked Robert is a genius at telling his tales of being a bellman. He even has a book!!
3. kissmeoutofdesire Daile is a crazy Australian sheila who keeps me in stitches!
4. bottleworder Want some wonderful advice on Writing and Blogging, this is the go to gal!
5. AussaLorens This awesome young lady is a hot mess! (in a good way) and has delightful stories of happenings at her job and travels.
6. The Books of Jobe Kenneth is a writer/blogger with a unique opinion about life and little things that annoy him. He has also been Freshly Pressed!
7. roughwriting Pamela is a teacher and just loves to write for the joy of writing. I truly enjoy reading about her everyday life.
8. Not a Punk Rocker One of my favorite bloggers who is always trying to find the answers to the world’s questions and embraces her “dorkiness”. I admire that!
9. Morpethroad A poet from Australia that will surely make you smile at the witty ways he arranges words.
10.Simple Pleasures Cindy captures beautiful words in perfect unison with photographs she takes that she calls Visual Poetry.
11. The Kolb Web One of my nearest and dearest to my heart!!
ELEVEN QUESTIONS ABOUT ME? Hmm….
1. What is your favorite movie of all time? I actually have several but if I have to pick one, it would be My Fair Lady!
2. If you could have attended any concert anytime in history, what would it have been? The Eagles Hell Freezes over tour opening night on the front row!
3. What do you do for fun? Hobby? Right now I am going to school for fun! (I know, I know! I’m weird) and I love to write, act and volunteer.
4. What two guests would make the best comedic pair as co-hosts for the Oscars? Jeff Dunham and Peanut 🙂
5. Cat, Dog or Goldfish? Why? As pets? As tattoos? Dogs definitely! No litter boxes and fish always die! Tattoos?? No, I don’t think so….
6. How do you caffeinate? Coffee
7. Favorite twitter chat? I don’t Twitter chat…..
8. Best place you ever vacationed? Portland, OR and the Willamette Valley
9. Best book you’ve read in 2013? The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
10. Favorite television shows? NCIS, NCIS:Los Angeles, CSI, The Big Bang Theory, Elementary and Person of Interest, OH and Sherlock Holmes and Dontown Abbey!! I watch way too much TV!
11. What is one thing you never/rarely share that you are exceptionally proud of? Some of my writing and short stories.
Thanks for reading y’all!! 🙂