- Does jet-lag affect you?
Yes it does, but it’s been a while since I have flown far enough to see how bad it’s going to be this time around. I guess I will find out in a couple of weeks!
- Are you afraid to walk alone at night?
Not really. But I usually not walk around in the night on my own anymore. I try to be as alert as possible if I have to. ( I like this answer so I’m keepin it!) 😉
- How did it make you feel the first time you ever held a baby in your arms — yours or someone else’s?
It was awesome! The first baby I held was my brother! I was 11 years old… he is still awesome!
- Do you fold your undergarments and socks?
I fold my undies, but I turn my sox inside one another.
- Is there a specific place where you go to think? where is it and why there?
Outside in my swing with a cup of coffee..
- How many houseplants do you have? How are they faring?
I have 11 and they are all doing well. I have a knack for keeping them alive. Several of them are very old… like 20+ years.
- Do you have a garden — flower or vegetable?
No. I wish I could but I have too much shade and not enough time.
- How many hats do you own? Do you wear them all?
I own about 4 and I never wear any of them. They are all commemorative.
- Does your best friend call you their best friend?
Yes.. I have 2 BFFs and they both consider me one of their BFFs!
- Do you struggle to finish a bad book or do you set it aside forever?
Can you believe that I almost threw “The Gone Girl” out? (amommasview answer) OMG! Right???? I didn’t read the book but I saw the movie and I HATED IT!!!! *steps off soapbox* Anyhoo… I will not finish a bad book. I will put it down and find something else!
- Have you ever been in a food fight?
Nope.. no fight. I love peace all the way baby!
- Have you ever brought a stray animal home?
Yep, I rescue dogs in my area all the time. Bring them home and find the owner or a good home. I’m a sap that way…
- Can a well-written book make you care about their characters enough to cry for them?
Most definitely yes…
- Have you seen Karma at work in your life?
ALL the time!!! What goes around comes around baby!
- How do you deliver bad news?
Fortunately I haven’t had to do this too many times. But I can. I am kind and soft spoken and I try to make sure there is plenty of tissues and support from others if they nee it.
- In general, how do you feel when you come home from a long vacation?
Happy, full of memories and tired…Again… I agree, so I left this one!
- Are book covers important in getting you to read a book?
Nope… I rarely look at book covers. I mostly listen to audible books anyway, so I pay no attention to them.
- How many shoes do you have? Are there any orphan shoes? Why do you keep them?
I have about 20 pairs of shoes. No orphans..
- How would you describe your housekeeping strategy?
Invite people over when it’s time to clean… then I will make sure it gets done!! LOL!
- If you could be a superhero, would you take that chance?
Probably not… I don’t want the responsibility of any more than I already have!
- If you had the wherewithal to invent something, anything, what would it be?
And see this is it! If I would know what I would invent if I could, I would invent it… I would have done it a long time ago… AMEN SISTER!
- If you had to live for a month on what’s in your refrigerator, would you make it?
No.. there isn’t enough food. I only buy what I need a week at a time.. if that.
- Name something that seemed inconsequential but had a huge influence on your life (for example, a commercial, a postcard, or something you might have overheard).
I overheard my mother tell someone I had an “Unteachable spirit” and that I was so much harder to deal with than anyone else knew…….. she doesn’t know I heard her say that, but I have spent the last 30 years of my life doing everything in my power to prove her wrong 😦
- How do you feel about the idea of Artificial Intelligence? Or robots in general?
I think it can be good for some things, but I would never want it to replace humans.
- What “redneck” (unsophisticated) activity do you like to do?
Nuthin.. I ain’t a redneck! LOL!
- What (if anything) do you think is beyond the stars?
More stars. Beautiful, sparkling stars…
- What are the most common lies your peer group tells?
That they are doing okay although they are not feeling well… But it’s kind of a common thing, right. We often say that we are okay although we feel down or have a heavy weight on our shoulders… (Again.. I agree with this statement)
- Are there characteristic about yourself that you find annoying in other people?
Talking too much… I talk too much sometimes and if other people do it, I want to strangle them!
- What do you think of when you think of California?
The city of San Francisco and the Golden Gate bridge.
- Is there a food that is too much work for you to eat?
To eat??? Hmm… yes! Crab legs! Way too much freaking trouble! It’s cold by the time you get to it!
- What highbrow, cultured activity do you like to participate in?
Museums and the symphony and art galleries and the Ballet..
- Is there a historical culture that fascinates you?
Jewish culture.. I find it fascinating.
- What — if any — historical injustice still upsets you?
What was done to the native Americans and native Australians, the missionaries and of course Holocaust…
- Are there habits other people have that you find suspicious?
When people tell me they are “fine” when you know they aren’t.
- What do you think is a good place to travel but you would not want to live there?
I love traveling to Mexico, but I could never live there.
- Is there a scary scene from a movie (or book) you viewed a child that still haunts you?
The Amityville Horror! I was 16 and slept with my mother that night!
- What is the cheapest price you can ever remember paying for gas?
I remember gas being $.65 a gallon. YEP, I’m old…
- How far south have you traveled?
I have been to Tangiers, Morocco.
- When did you realize you’d become an adult?
When I had to start paying my own bills… so about 20
- What jokes did your grandparents tell you as a child that you remember fondly?
Honestly, I don’t remember any of them really anymore.
- Is there a piece of technology that you do not own but would like to?
There is a really cool new ear piece that translates languages like Star Trek!! It hits the market in May of 2017.
- Do you have any secrets for getting better service?
Always ask your server their name or if they have told you their name, make a point of using it! Ask them how they are… really mean it! Treat them like a human being!
- What slang word or phrase do you love to use?
“No doubt!” And “Whatever!”
- What technology, real or imagined, scares you?
Cloning… uhm yeah!
- Is there a traditional gender role or stereotype that you agree or disagree with?
I think the man should take out the trash!! LOL! Enough said…
- What type of commercials to you find particularly annoying?
Viagra and Cialis! What the hec is up with the bath tubs? I don’t understand…
- What was the first thing you learned to cook?
That’s hard because I have been cooking for as long as I can remember. Probably cornbread… still do it from scratch! 🙂
- What’s the highest above sea level you’ve ever been? How did you get there?
I don’t know.. I have been 10,000 feet in the air with a parachute? Does that count??
- Is there something that you do now, but wouldn’t do if it weren’t for the law (for example carry car insurance or wear your seat belt).
Hmmm… I would still carry insurance card and I have always worn a seat belt, so I can’t think of anything like that.
- Have you ever tried to touch the moon?
- When you have out of town guests, what tourist things do you show them?
Hm.. Well, we always go to Dallas and see stuff. Like to take them to a baseball game if there is one. And we have taken folks to the Aquarium.
- Where is the strangest place you have fallen asleep?
Ok this one is really weird. I was actually sick with mono.. so this is my excuse. But my friend lost her mom and I had to go to the funeral in Michigan. I fell asleep in one of the side rooms waiting for the family to meet with the director.
- Would you be willing to live off the grid? (follow link for definition)
OH HELL NO! I can’t stand being out of touch with everyone. Drives me crazy!
- If someone paid you enough money, would you provide them a false alibi?
If it would be a domestic violence victim yes. In any other case no.. YEP, this is my answer also!
- Would you volunteer to be one of the first colonists on Mars?
Oh hell no! No, no, no! This planet here is way to beautiful to leave and live on a planet we have no clue of and also with people I will never be able to get away from… nope, nope, nope. Kudos to the ones that are happy to head up there…
Yes.. that’s a good way to end this! Y’all come back now.. ya hear! 🙂